Now that I'm pretty much taking my pain meds as prescribed again, I'm feeling a lot better, so hopefully I'll start moving in the right direction again tomorrow.
I want to thank everyone for checking in on me, and especially thank Jeff for being so patient and willing to wait on me constantly. Hopefully I won't be so dependent much longer!
I did have something really yummy today--a dark chocolate ensure mixed with peanut butter. It was pure heaven, in my opinion. :) Also, last night Jeff got me a mango shaved ice from a local Italian restaurant...very soothing to my sore throat and mangled mouth!
And here are some pictures from today...I think the swelling has gone down quite a bit, and again, if you look closely you can see some yellow bruising beginning on my cheeks. My lips are really looking gross these days...I've cut back on the vaseline and started sparingly applying chapstick only when absolutely necessary. If anyone has any suggestions about what to do, I'd greatly appreciate it!





When I would get sick when I was a kid, my mom would tell me that sometimes you start to feel worse before you can get better. I'm hoping you're feeling worse because you are actually starting to heal! Ok, that's my positive psych. spin on things for the day! I'm so impressed with how positive you're being. Hang in there and keep the updates coming.
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of the positive was from all the steroids they pumped me full of before/during surgery. They are wearing off now...but I'm trying to stay positive because it will only make my recovery easier in the long run. :) I'll update later today...
ReplyDelete