A few new things have happened recently. The first is that my gums on my lower front teeth have started to recede and they are very sensitive. Here's the best picture I could get of it (notice that the little gum "triangles" that are normally between the teeth are gone and there's now a space there):

This isn't my actual bite, either...now that my midlines line up, I wanted to be sure that no one thinks they don't. :) In order to make my lower jaw come forward, I had to twist it a bit. I still have a lot of stiffness in my joints, so very little movement in opening, moving side to side, or front to back.
The other change from my last post is that I've had to take some Lortab again. Ibuprofen wasn't helping with the pain I was having (plus I don't think I should still be taking 800 mg multiple times a day at nearly 3 weeks post-op). I only take 1-2 tsp at night...it just helps with the sensitivity issue that nothing else seems to help (tried sensodyne toothpaste and Orajel) as well as the pressure that I get where the hardware in my face is, especially after wearing my bands.
So, since I'm updating, here are pictures from Friday (day 18) and Saturday (day 19). Not really any change in swelling or numbness yet.
Day 18:




Day 19:




I have pancakes to go eat...yummmm. :)

Looking great! I hope you enjoyed your pancakes!
ReplyDelete