Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Days 20-22

Hey guys! I can't believe it's been over 3 weeks since I had surgery...and at the same time, I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks. :)

Last time I posted, I was complaining about sensitivity. I found a wonderful product by Orajel that has kept me from going insane. It's supposed to last up to 3 months, too...which is great because it really does work.

Tomorrow's my second post-op appointment (I don't count the one the day after surgery since I don't remember it!), and it's when I'll find out if I'm ready to start going back to the orthodontist for adjustments. Parts of me wish that I do get to go back, because it means I'm that much closer to getting these braces off my teeth. But other parts of me are scared to have anything done when I am still being held together with plates and screws and I can barely stand to wear my bands a few hours a day as it is. Also, my range of movement hasn't improved still since surgery day...still at one finger width. I do the recommended exercises with and following heat and massage, but no luck. I'll have to ask about that tomorrow.

On to the pictures...

Day 20






day 21






day 22





My photographer (aka Jeff) makes me laugh when we're taking these pictures, hence the smiling even in my relaxed face pictures. :) It still hurts when I laugh, feels like something is pulling in the right side of my face and also on both sides of my nose (likely the stitches placed by my surgeon to keep my nose from widening from the surgery). Not fun!

As you can see, I'm still the same as far as swelling and numbness goes. I know this swelling can last 6-8 weeks or more post-surgery, so hopefully I'll start seeing a difference soon.

I'll post again in a few days!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, Girl! You're swelling is much better than mine was at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pam! I wish it would just be gone already, but at least I can go in public without any stares now. :)

    ReplyDelete