Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6 weeks!

Well, I've made it to the 6 week mark...where the swelling should mostly be gone. Luckily, almost all my swelling and numbness are gone, with the only parts that are swollen/numb right around my nose and upper lip. I'm very lucky in this regard!

Today was my first day back to the orthodontist after surgery, and everyone there seemed very pleased. One of his assistants kept going on and on before I left about how different and great I look...which made me feel very good because I'm still not sure how I feel about how I look. I got most of my surgical hooks off, with the exception of where I now have to wear "super heavy" bands (that's what they say on the bag...booooo) 24/7. I also asked the question of, "How much longer in braces..?" and got the answer, "Usually 6 months or less." So, since I had a sentence, I mean estimation, of 6-12 months in braces post-surgery, I'll take this news. Maybe they'll be off by Christmas? Here's hoping. :) I refuse to become Dr. Charlsie in braces next May.. :)

Well, here are photos that I snapped last night. I'll try to get some of me without surgical hooks in the next few days.






Still no changes in my nose, so it looks like I'll be getting sedated next Monday. I'll just be glad when I can breathe through that side of my nose again, regardless of what it takes to get it working again.

I've got friends coming to visit shortly, so I better run...take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment