I'm feeling much better today than I was when I posted yesterday, and have worked out the school situation without hurting anyone's feelings or getting myself into trouble.
Today, Jeff and I went out for more than just groceries for the first time since my surgery! Just running around like we used to do, and I bought myself a sundress to feel better after having a rough week. :) I actually don't feel tired after being out and about, which I figured I would at least feel tired from the 90+ degrees it is here. So that was a nice surprise, although I'm sure I'll sleep just fine tonight. :)
Anyone who's been on pain meds following anesthesia may be able to relate, but I have the WORST memory right now. I know my surgeon told me that I don't have to wear my rubberbands during the day anymore, but I cannot remember if he also said I don't have to wear them at night. I may have to call on Monday. Last night, I didn't wear them, just in case. :) My jaw was still tighter than normal when I woke up (might be because I am basically sleeping on my face at least 60% of the night...oops), but nothing like it is when I wore the bands to bed. I may wear them tonight just in case I'm supposed to.
I am going to try to start working out lightly this week, so I'll post about how that goes once I've done something. This weekend I'm hoping to get the rest of my garden planted, if the heat/rain will allow.
On to pictures....I kind of forgot to take pictures on Thursday, so here are pictures from Wednesday (day 23),




Friday (day 25),




and today (day 26).




I still have extra swelling on my right side, and the swelling between my nose and upper lip. This makes my smile still really fake looking (and feeling). Also, it still makes my profile not look like it's supposed to, so I'm hoping this will start to go down soon.
My dinner is being served...meatloaf, green beans, and mac and cheese. Yum! :) I'll update next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment