Not a lot new to post, as usual. I'm still off my pain meds and only taking ibuprofen, which is good since I'm driving now! I think my swelling is kind of a stand-still...I can't really see much difference from day to day. I'm not sleeping upright or on my back anymore; actually, I sleep on my side. So, each morning I have a little bit of extra swelling, particularly on the side I spent the most time sleeping on. It goes away pretty soon after I wake up, and frankly, I think it's worth it to sleep comfortably.
I think since less is happening recovery-wise at this point, I'm going to stop updating the blog every day and just update it a couple of times a week. I plan to continue taking pictures every day, and I'm looking into making a slideshow of each view that I have taken to show my progress when this is all over.
I can't believe it's been two weeks tomorrow since I had this surgery. Seeing my friend Zhanna who just had her surgery last Thursday really put into perspective how far I've come with my recovery. This doesn't mean I don't still have a long way to go as far as recovering feeling and range of movement in my jaw. I'm still numb in my nose, and on the right side of my face from below my eye to about mouth-level. Also, my upper lip is still swollen and I can only feel a small section of it on the left side. My upper gums and the roof of my mouth are also completely numb, but I'm lucky that my lower lip, chin, and the insides of my cheeks have regained feeling in this short amount of time.
Alright, so here are some pictures from today. I'll update in a few days with pictures from the days I don't blog. Thanks for following!




No comments:
Post a Comment