Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 10

This is going to be short and sweet. All went well at my post-op appointment. I got a new arrangement for my elastics, and was told I could wear them less during the day and still at night. Also, I got the clear to be off my antibiotics (THANK GOODNESS) and for soft chew. So, not only was today my first outing since surgery, I also got to drool over all kinds of food at the grocery store while picking out the next few days' meals. Tonight, I had mashed potatoes, some mac and cheese, and carrots. Yum! I'll get more creative with my next meals, but it was delicious.

Anyway, here are some pictures from today:







I have been having some popping in my lower left jaw when I talk, eat, etc, and I asked my surgeon about it today. He said it was likely my joint and not to worry. Also, he confirmed that I did have a deviated septum that he fixed during my surgery, which I figured since my breathing is so much better now (even with my continued congestion). I can't wait until all this congestion is gone so I can breathe normally through my nose for the first time in my life! I don't go back to the surgeon's office for another 2 weeks, and in that time, I'll be able to start eating things like flaky fish, shredded chicken, etc. Life is starting to get back to normal, that is for sure. I never thought I'd be saying this so soon after surgery. Hopefully my recovery continues to go well. Anyway, that's all for tonight- goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment