Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 9

Man, I've got to start taking pictures and updating this thing earlier in the day...I nearly forgot once again. Today has been AWESOME...

Both of my ears finally popped, and I can hear normally again.

My upper lip has begun to wake up and I can move it voluntarily now without any pain.

My nose is starting to get some feeling back.

I had take out soup, a milkshake, cheesecake, and good friends come to visit.

I think a lot of today's big break-throughs are due to me alternating my pain meds with ibuprofen on schedule and smiling so much when Zhanna and Eboni were here visiting.

I also didn't take any naps today, and it's nearly 10PM now, and I feel completely awake still. It feels so good to have a taste of normalcy!

Zhanna is having upper jaw surgery tomorrow, so anyone who reads this, please send good vibes to her...luckily she has the same surgeon as me, and I know she will have a great, speedy recovery! Also, I get to see my surgeon for the first time since my surgery tomorrow, so I'll update with what he has to say in my next post. Here are my pictures from today (bad pics, but good progress!):


Check out the animated smile!


Normal face, no smile. My lips are still in shreds.


Left side of my face..

This was the more swollen side, but not anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment