Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 7 Part 2

Okay, as promised, here are pictures from yesterday (day 7):










and today (day 8). The first two, I was outside....it was nice a cool, so I was able to stay out for a little while and check out my garden. You can see my bruises somewhat in the outside ones.






(so sorry for the runny nose--I'm still numb and this happens ALL the time. Gross, I know.)
I can really tell the swelling has gone down today, as I mentioned in my previous post. Thank goodness, because it is driving me nuts! My lips are still really raw, especially where they meet. I have just been putting some regular chapstick on maybe 1-2 times a day, which hasn't really changed it for better or worse, but it provides some temporary relief. I've had a few people ask if I've lost weight...so far, I think I've lost 12 pounds. I don't remember what I weighed before the surgery (with the way I was eating beforehand, I probably don't WANT to know!), so this is just an estimate. I am trying to eat as much as I can, but I am definitely getting sick of the same foods over and over. I go to my surgeon's office for my first pre-op appointment on Thursday, and I should get cleared for some version of a soft chew diet (scrambled egg consistency), so that should give me a few more options. I think after 2 weeks, I'll be on a "fork smash" diet, where whatever can be mashed with a fork (like flaky fish, shredded chicken, mac and cheese, etc) will be going down the chute. Can't wait! I am not one of those who can just liquefy/blend regular food and eat it...tried, and just can't do it. But I am going to try cheesecake blended with milk tonight. :)

Well, that's it for tonight- I'll try to update daily from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment