Friday, March 11, 2011

Final Results from Orthodontist

Well, I am officially 10 months out from surgery today...that is so hard to believe. I always wondered why people quit posting on the message boards and their blogs a few months after surgery, and now I know why. Life goes on, and frankly, having had surgery is the last thing you want to think about.

Do I go without thinking about the surgery? No..I think the constant reminder of having food stuck in my permanent retainer or having to wear a retainer at all keeps me reminded. But I'm definitely getting there.

Do I regret having the surgery? Never in a million years. No, it didn't solve everything. But I am certainly better because of it. And not just physically-speaking...I do have more confidence in myself and feel less self-conscious when teaching. Not because I think I am prettier. It's hard to explain...I just feel "right." I can breathe properly, I don't feel like I have to try to push my jaw forward or hide my smile. I can just be. That's a good feeling.

So yesterday I got my final records at the orthodontist..or at least the pictures portion of it. My orthodontist told me he thinks he should have charged more for the results I got. :) I'm going to see if I can get side-by-side comparisons of before braces, during the process (and still pre-surgery), and after surgery.



Front, smiling


Front, mugshot (I mean, not smiling)


Side profile (note: had to use two different sides, so not 100% accurate)


Top Arch


Bottom Arch


Front Teeth

And my profile with me smiling. Didn't have these in befores.


This will likely be one of my last updates, until I get some decent after photos to post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment